Payroll Essentials Training Course
Our two-day Payroll Essentials Course provides all the skills and knowledge required to understand the UK tax and NI system and complete a manual payroll, showing the correct way to calculate from gross pay to net pay.
The ability to manually calculate a payroll should be considered an essential skill for any payroll employee. Manual payroll calculations can be used to estimate an employee's net pay and to check figures on a P45.
The Payroll Essentials Training Course includes:
- Defining gross pay
- Tax codes and calculating tax
- Employees joining and leaving – P45 and P46 forms
- National Insurance – categories, letters and calculations
- Earnings periods, Lower Earnings Limit etc.
- In depth coverage of SSP, SMP, SAP and SPP including how to calculate and reclaim
The course runs for 2 consecutive days.
This course is ideal for:
- Anyone who is new to payroll as a fundamental part of their training
- Staff from HR or personnel staff who may have to deal with pay queries
- Staff returning from a career break
- Team members who cover payroll staff’s duties in their absence
At the end of the 2-day Payroll Essentials Course, delegates will be able to:
- Deal confidently with HMRC documentation for starters and leavers
- Deal confidently with employees’ pay queries
- Understand how HMRC has calculated a tax code
- Be able to calculate the correct tax and NI deductions
- Be able to calculate the correct amounts of SSP, SMP, SAP, and SPP
- Understand the importance of using the correct NI table letter
Dates and venues:
- Birmingham - 16 & 17 July 2013, Campanile Hotel
- Bristol - 10 & 11 September 2013, Almondsbury Interchange Hotel
- London - 24 & 25 September, The RIBA, 66 Portland Place
- Manchester - 8 & 9 October 2013, Bewleys Hotel, Manchester Airport
- Birmingham - 22 & 23 October, Campanile Hotel
- Leeds - 5 & 6 November, Bewleys Hotel
- Reading - 26 & 27 November, Pincents Manor Hotel
£590+VAT. We offer a 10% discount for any second or subsequent delegates who book and attend the same course on the same day.
To book a place on the Payroll Essentials Training Course simply complete the form below.