Basic Book-Keeping and Accounts Training Course
This one-day Basic Book-Keeping and Accounts Training Course provides a hands-on introduction to all the key areas: cash book, sales, purchase and general ledgers, the bank reconciliation, and accounts to trial balance.
The course is very practical, and clearly explains the principles and underlying logic involved. The course combines a mixture of training by explanation, and the opportunity to practice and apply what you have learned by completing exercises. No prior knowledge is needed.
- Principles of accounting
- Double-entry book-keeping
- Debits & credits
- Balancing an account
- The trial balance
- Producing a simple set of accounts
- The sales, purchase & general ledgers - their inter-relationship & use
- Recording sales & purchase invoices
- Cash books
- Petty cash systems & records
- Bank reconciliations
- The bank’s debits & credits explained
- Entries for payroll costs
- Control accounts & suspense accounts
- Journal entries & correction of errors
- Introduction to depreciation
- Introduction to accruals & prepayments
- Accounting for VAT
The Basic Book-Keeping and Accounts Training Course is ideal for:
- All people who want to get a grip on the principles of the accounting process - not easy to pick up from accounting software!
- Anyone who wants to learn book-keeping for their business or their job
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a good understanding of the elements of double entry book-keeping
- Understand how the majority of financial transactions get processed
- Understand some of the terminology used by accountants
Dates and venues:
- 17 October - London, RIBA Venue, Portland Place
- 7 November 2013 - Leeds, Bewleys Hotel
£315+VAT. We offer a 10% discount for any second or subsequent delegates who book and attend the same course on the same day.
To book a place on the Basic Book-Keeping and Accounts Training Course simply complete the form below.